Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu With Camping 2 Days
Explore “Deep Peru”, hiking one of Peru’s most picturesque landscapes near Cuzco. Hike along a section of the historic Inca Trail, where the Inca pilgrims did the same hundreds of years ago. You will have the privilege of exploring every nook and cranny of the historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu in the afternoon and also enjoy it the next day. This truncated version of the Inca Trail is the perfect tour-and-trekking opportunity for families or for those who are short of time but still want to experience the magnificent approach to Machu Picchu. This picture show us one of the Incan farming laboratories used to manage hundreds of potatoe and corn crops on the sweeping mountainside. This is an excellent example of the magnificent agricultural heartland of the Incas.
Would you like a remote experience in the Andes? If so, this is the trek for you!
Peru is a natural wonder, full of tourist attractions and sights that will take your breath away. Ancient indigenous cultures, Spanish colonial influence, the quest for independence, cultural mixture, and an astonishing geography have all shaped Peru throughout the centuries. For that reason:
- Inca trail is celebrated by UNESCO as World Cultural Heritage Site.
- Inca Trail Trek is known as one of the world’s top ten hikes.
- Starting the Inca Trail at KM104, seeing the best that the trail has to offer while reducing the time spent hiking.
- Enjoying panoramic views of Machu Picchu from Intipunku “the Sun Gate” and your camping at the foot of Machu Picchu.
- A private guided tour of the key sites of Machu Picchu, with free time to further explore at your leisure.
- Explore the astonishing the lost city of the Incas Machu Picchu.
- Create your unforgettable trip to Machu Picchu via PeruRail or Inca Rail Train.
Day 1 : Cusco – Km 104- Wiñayhuayna- Sun Gate-Machu Picchu-Puente Ruinas
Early morning pick up from your hotel or accommodation at approx. 4:00 am in Cusco, then we will transfer you to the train station in Ollantaytambo, then you will have an hour and 20-minute ride by Expedition train to the trailhead at KM 104 (2,050m/6,927ft) where your hiking journey will begin and show your passport at the first checkpoint. Following you will have breakfast nearby before start your hike. Afterwards, you will initiate gradually hiking upwards as you head for the Classic Inca Trail far above. It will take around 3.5 hours to the remnant archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna (2,650m/8747ft) where you will have lunch nearby here. Along the way, you will explore Inkan sites, enjoy stunning Andean landscapes, and gaze down the spectacular, sheer mountainside, plunging down to the Urubamba River. After enjoying your lunch you will continue onward towards the mystic Sun Gate (2,730m/9,007ft) for 1.5 hour more. Once you get there, you will finally get your first spectacular view of Machu Picchu. As you move closer to the Inca citadel you will enjoy views of the mysterious ruins accompanied by sunset. And finally you will take the 25-minute bus ride to the campsite of Puente Ruinas, where you will spend your night nearby.
- – If your accommodation is located in Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo or Urubamba town, we will come to your hotel to pick you up around 6:30 am.
DAY 2: Puente Ruinas-Private Machu Picchu Tour. Return to Cusco.
Day 2 will be one of the more remarkable and busy day, because you will visit one of the 7 new wonders in the world and thus, after enjoying your delicious your delish breakfast, you will need to wake up early and will walk to Aguas Calientes town in order to go up to Machu Picchu sanctuary with your guide by bus and you will have a memorable walking tour through the “lost city of the Incas” and let yourself be swept away by the magical landscape that surrounds this important ruin. You will have 2.5 hours guided tour by your speaking English guide. Finish up with last photos and then return to Aguas Calientes town for the return trip to Cusco. Note: you will take your train at 14:55 for the return trip with the Expedition train to the Ollantaytambo train station where you will catch our private van back to Cusco and your hotel. You can expect to arrive at your hotel by 19:00 pm.
Climb Huayna Picchu for views over the ruins or add an extra day in Machu Picchu.
- Pre-departure briefing in our office or your hotel. Time to be determined by the Company.
- Private Accommodation: 1 night camping on the short Inca Trail trek (Puente Ruinas).
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, Portable toilet tent, tables, chairs, and cooking equipment (all carried by porters).
- Inflatable mattress: Thermarest air mattresses that are 3 inches thick and add a lot of comfort to sleep and rest.
- Pillow, rain ponchos and duffel bag.
- Transportation: You will be provided with all transportation for this trek. You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 4:00 A.M., and brought to the trail head. A roundtrip bus ticket is included from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Inca City and return. The train back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy will be on the Expedition Class Train and will be included in your trip (Day 2). You also have the option to upgrade to the Vistadome train for $75 per person. Once you arrive at the train station, our van will take you back to your hotel in Cusco (Day 2).
- Professional Guides: English speaking, professionally educated guides. All of our guides studied English and tourism at Cusco National University. They all grew up in the Cusco region, and are committed to teaching others about their heritage. They are fun yet professional and will ensure you are safe, sound and happy so you can enjoy your time worry-free!
- Trekking Chef: A chef specialized in cooking on the trail, with an assistant to prepare all of your delicious meals along the journey to replenish your energy.
- Porters: On days 1 and 2 porters will carry all camping equipment and your personal baggage allowance (7 kgs/15.4 lbs). On day 1 your duffel bags will be carried by car or train to your destination.
- Permits for short Inca Trail: As soon as we receive your details and a deposit, we will purchase your permits (pending availability, check our Inca Trail Availability link). These permits are for a specific date and in your name. They can’t be changed once confirmed. Only your passport number is allowed to be updated. The permit includes an entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Food: Discover Satori will make sure you enjoy some delish balanced and energetic food on the way to Machu Picchu. At the Wiñay Wayna ruins, you will have lunch, and dinner will be in the campsite of Puente Ruinas. The next morning you will enjoy breakfast at your Campiste as well.
- Water: We will give you a bottle of water for your morning hike and another bottle during lunch. We encourage you to bring extra on your own, as being well hydrated is the key to feeling great in the mountains. We suggest to bring your camel bag and extra energy drinks for this trek, because being well hydrated is the key to feeling great in the mountains.
- Products for hygiene: You will be provided with a small towel, soap and hand sanitizer before each meal to clean your hands.
- First-aid kit: Our guides have received training in first aid from Physicians. Our guides will bring emergency oxygen bottle as well.
- Satellite Phones: Our top priority will always be the safety of our clients and our team. While all our guides are prepared and trained to deal with most issues clients have on the mountain. Being a phone call away from any doctor, hospital, or friend helps everyone feel assured that they are safe. Radios, which all our guides have, are limited in how far they can reach, so Discover Satori has added Satellite Phones to every trek. Every guide will have a fully charged phone that can be used anywhere on the mountain to connect us anywhere in the world. And they can be used by our clients for non-emergencies as well.
- Last Day: Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Walking Sticks (Pair): $10
- Wayna Picchu: $75 USD and Machu Picchu Mountain $75 USD: Huayna Picchu: Huayna Picchu is the mountain that stands next to Machu Picchu. It is a 45-minute hike to the top. Going back down is quite steep if you are scared of heights. You would do this after your tour of Machu Picchu. The cost is $75. Right now, to walk up to Machupicchu Mountain it will take 3 hours round trip and the cost is the same $75. Arrangements need to be made at least one month in advance due to popularity. Please understand that the weather is out of our control.
- Additional costsor delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, altitude sickness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.).
This short Inca Trail trek with camping is available almost all year, this tour IS CLOSED in February due to heavy rainy season and landslides during this month. On the other hand, Peru usually celebrates annual festivities, special events, special occasions and activities such as: The Feast of the Sun, Easter Sunday procession, Folkloric Parade, Carnival, Christmas Day, Bullfighting, and so on, occasionally, unforeseen events such as: Solar and Lunar eclipses would be a surprising experience for you. For this reasons, Discover Satori guarantees your departure dates. BOOK now! Only your confirmation is needed.
CLICK here to check your availability for Annual Festivities, Events & Machu Picchu & Short Inca Trail with Camping.
You will be carrying all your own things yourself while hiking. Because of this, it is imperative to pack as light as possible. A light backpack is key to feeling great.
- Passport (Very important).
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student).
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru).
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better).
- Water storage: Water reservoir like Camelbaks or bottles are good for this trek.
- Comfortable hiking boots (lightweight with good soles).
- 1 Wicking/Hiking Shirt & hiking pants.
- Nice shirt and pants for Machu Picchu day – remember you will always treasure these photos, wear something you love.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs (Optional on your own in Aguas Calientes).
- Sun protection cream, sun hat and sunglasses.
- Insect Repellent.
- Personal first aid kit.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips.
Price and Payment
We require a deposit of 50% of the total price per person, in order to book and secure any trek or city tour with Discover Satori. The deposit can be made by PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% merchant fee paid by the traveler, or by wire to Bank of America or Citibank (for free if you are a fellow account holder).
Please notify us if paying by wire transferor Paypal the address to send your deposit to is [email protected]. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under our cancellation policy. If canceling, you may not transfer your deposit to another person’s trek.
Bank Account Number: XXXXXXX (US DOLLARS)
Paying Bank: Bank of America, TX
Account Holder: Discover Satori
Swift Code: XXXXX
NOTE. Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposit
WAYS TO PAY
1) Credit card Visa, American Express. Diners Club, Mastercard payments will incur an additional credit card merchant service charge of 8%
2) Paypal payments will incur an additional merchant service charge of 5.5%.
3) Western union payments will need to be addressed as follows:
Full name: FREDY CUSI HUAMAN
Address: APV. Jardines Del Inca C-10, Cusco – Perú
Please don’t forget to send us the tracking code (MTCN) in order to pick up the deposit and confirm your booking.
|GROUP PRICE (2020) FROM USD $495 PER PERSON|
|Private Tours are based on Group Size (2020)|
|Number of Trekkers||Price per Person|
|7 or more||USD $494|
Permit permitting, we are excited for this opportunity of a lifetime to guide you through the short Inca Trail and into Machu Picchu.
Please read the following information carefully as it will help answer all of your questions about our services and the short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
You will be welcomed at the Cusco airport by one of our representatives and taken to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Upon your arrival, locate our representative holding an orange board bearing our company name Discover Satori. You must exit the terminal, in order to find our representative (they are not allowed inside the terminal).
Your briefing will take place at our office at 6:00 or 6:30 P.M. the night before your trek, depending on your confirmation email details. Our office is located at Jardines Del Inca C-10, Cusco
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, your luggage(s) can be stored at our office or at your hotel at no cost to you. Please pack things you will only need during your short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
HOW TO BOOK SHORT INCA TRAIL WITH CAMPING TO MACHU PICCHU
FIRST, the following personal information is necessary when completing our booking form
1. Full Name (as it exactly appears on your passport)
3. Passport number
4. Date of Birth (DD / MM / YYYY)
Note: We require copies of everyones’ passport as they are required when purchasing permits.
SECOND, we require a deposit of 50% of the total price per person in order to secure your short Inca Trail to Machupicchu. Paying by VISA or PayPal online incurs 5.5% service charge. Please pay to the following email address: [email protected]
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN
The Peruvian Government has strict limited capacity of people permitted on the Wayna Picchu Mountain for 2020 (permits are available only for 400 people per day, which are split into two groups).
First Group of 200. Available at 7:00 A.M
Second Group of 200. Available at 10:00 A.M
Therefore, we recommend that you reserve your space far in advance as possible.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
The remaining balance will need to be paid at our office in Cusco no more than 2 days before your tour start date; cash is preferable (we accept both US dollars and Peruvian soles). There are several ATM machines in Cusco city center, otherwise, PayPal and Visa credit card is also acceptable, however, will incur 5.5% service charge.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu to qualify for a discount.
Note: If you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
• 11 to 17 years old, the discount is $30 USD
• 6 to 11, the discount is $40 USD
• 0 to 2, they are free
All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of booking to receive the student discount. Email us a copy at: [email protected]
MAY I CHANGE THE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED?
Unfortunately, the answer is NO. Once the short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu permits have been bought from the Peruvian government, changes are not allowed. Machu Picchu permits are not transferable nor refundable. The deposit is not refundable if you cancel your short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE SHORT INCA TRAIL?
YES! You have to bring your original passport and it is very important that it is the same passport you sent us to book your short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and other reservations. Passports will be checked when you enter Machu Picchu, during your hotel stays and to board the train. In case, you are renewing your passport, go ahead and send us a copy of your old passport to secure your permits and we can change it when you get your new passport. Please send a copy of your new Passport or updated Passport as soon as possible.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EASY AND MODERATE HIKE?
There is a grading system that classifies the difficulty degree of trekking trails. Easy and moderate. The reason we have categories is to help our client’s choose a trek in the Andes that is suitable for their level and don’t be exhausted. Clients are encouraged to have a good level of physical fitness and adequate physical training ahead of time is necessary.
Easy treks: It could be suitable for all people who love it outdoors this is for the hikers who do not have previous experience, or are not looking for a difficult physical, they typically involve walking up to 6 hours a day.
Moderate treks: Only for those who have previous experience in hike or outdoors activities, these treks usually vary from 1-3 days and can reach up to an altitude of 2,700m to 4,000m. This grade is recommended for any trekker looking for something a little more challenging than just a simple walk. These trekking areas are mostly Lares trek, Inca quarry trek, Huarocondo trek.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend to always dress in layers as it is easier to adjust to the different climates. Remember, we have only two official seasons in Cusco, rainy season from November to April and dry season from May to October.
J F M A M J J A S O N D
Av. Max Temp ºC 20 21 21 22 21 21 21 21 22 22 23 22
Av. Max Temp ºF 68 70 70 72 70 70 70 70 72 72 73 72
Av. Min Temp ºC 5 7 6 3 -5 -4 -1 1 4 6 6 7
Av. Min Temp ºF 45 45 45 40 25 28 30 34 40 43 43 45
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE THERE PER GROUP?
The maximum group size is of 10 people. Mostly our groups are between 2-6 people. Discover Satori specializes in small and private groups and provide a personalized service.
ARE WE GOING TO BE PICKED UP AND DROPPED OFF AT MY ACCOMMODATION AFTER THE TREK?
Absolutely, Hotel pick-ups and drop-offs are included with all of our packages. If you booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley, we will drop you off there.
WHAT TIME DOES THE TRAIN DEPART FROM AGUAS CALIENTES?
It will depend on the train availability but the idea is to give you as much time as possible in Machu Picchu and enjoy the amazing views on the way back to Cusco while on the train. Therefore, you will take the train at 3: 30 P.M. or 4:22 P.M. This train Schedule will allow you more than 7 hours to enjoy Machu Picchu!
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appreciated. While it may not be customary, it is of great significance for the staff who will take care of you during the trek. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Discover Satori destinations. Of course, you are free to tip as much as you would like, depending on your perception of the quality and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is just voluntary and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes! We are a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know, understand and respect the sacred places and the local people.
|Duration and Trip Type:||2 days/ 1 night. Hiking, adventure, history, culture and nature|
|Tour Location:||3-hour drive from Cusco. Departure from KM 104 (trail head)|
|Good for||Moderate physical fitness or better|
|Distance per Day :||
Total Distance: 13.5km
Day 1:12 Km /7.4 miles (6 to 7 hours)
|Difficulty Level:||Easy-Moderate hike|
|Elevation:||2,050 m (6,720 ft) to 2,720 m (8,690 ft)|
|Hotel Altitude:||Night 1: 4,400 m (14,435 ft)|
|Season and Weather:||
May – October: Dry season.
November – April: Changeable weather – cold, windy, rainy, warm, hot and humid
|Group Size:||Fully customized Private Service.|
|Suppliers’ Services||Peru Rail train/ Inca rail train, Bus Transport and Accommodations|
|Activities:||Journey 3 hours by private car to the trail head, hike for 1 day along short Inca Trail and enjoy Machu Picchu tour.|