Lares Trek & Short Inca Trail 4 Days
This is by far the best choice of an alternative trek to MACHU PICCHU -the Lares Valley trail high at the mountains is a combination of breathtaking landscapes, culture and traditions that still live, this trek will take you through a spectacular landscape of mountains between 2850 meters above sea level and 4400 meters above sea level, beautiful lakes in blue sky color to see, you can observe animals in Its natural habitat, such as alpaca and llama, will also have the opportunity to spend the night near the traditional Andean people of Peru it is known as well as the Andean weavers, afterward connect with the famous Inca Trail trail, 6 -7 hours gentle walk through Chachabamba then visit Wiñaywayna Inca site, walk through the Sun gate and arrive to MACHU PICCHU to see the sunset and delight with this unique view, stay at Aguas Calientes town, and next morning early see the SUNRISE at MACHU PICCHU and have a guided tour into the remarkable temples and plazas, then time to explore in your own… so you will visit 2 times this NEW SEVEN WONDER… MACHU PICCHU.!!
The wonders of Peru is full of tourist attractions and sights that take your breath away. Ancient indigenous cultures, Spanish colonial influence, the quest for independence, cultural mixture, and an astonishing geography have all shaped Peru throughout the centuries. For that reason:
- The beauty of the mountains is parallel to the generosity of the people you will meet on this marvelous cultural tour great for families (Day 1 and Day 2).
- See the work of the shepherds who live at high altitude. Leaning more about ancient Inca agriculture. This trek is full of culture and where the farmers and local communities still keep alive rich traditions from the past, like weaving Inca textiles.( Day 2)
- You will see the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. Being surprised by the precious high forest and impressive waterfalls.
- Explore the astonishing the lost city of the Incas Machu Picchu and enrich your understanding of the Inca heartland on a guided tour ( Day 4)
- Create your unforgettable trip to Machu Picchu via PeruRail or Inca Rail Train (Day 3).
DAY 1: Cusco – Huacawasi – Ipsayqocha
We pick you up at 5:00 am at your hotel then we go by car to Huaccawasi for 3 hours and the half and as soon as we get here some breakfast and afterward we hike from 3600 masl, mainly gentle uphill for 3 hours to get the luch spot, after the lunch we walk 2 hours for arriving to the first pass named Isaqccocha 4400 masl 14700 feet, from there we will descending to first camp near to the beutiful lake. The first night we will spend the night the riders will be with the armed camp and then sleep.
DAY 2: Ipsayqocha -Patacancha – Ollantaytambo
After breakfast we will descend through the valley until we reach the community of Patacancha where we will have lunch, from here we will walk approximately 2 hours until we reach the community of Pumamarca from where we can get Inca terraces, finally we will reach Ollantaytambo located in a fertile and protected valley through huge mountains.
This is a perfect place to choose most of the archeological remains left by pre incas and a variety of flora, with incredible views of various valleys, mountains, and local villagers along the route, finally arriving in Ollantaytambo, where we will spend the night near to Ollantaytambo town.
DAY 3: Ollantaytambo – Inca Trail 2Days – Aguas Calientes
This morning we will have early breakfast, we will make our way to the Ollantaytambo train station, there we board the train to Km 104, the start of the 2 Day Inca Trail. During this train ride we will get to see impressive landscapes, mountains, Andean towns, snow-caps, and valleys, coming down towards the jungle and the banks of the Urubamba River. After going through control, we will visit the first inca site of Chachabamba (2,050 masl). We will then ascend for approximately 3 hours to the archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna (2,650 masl) where we will enjoy our tasty box lunch. After a good rest, we will continue to (Sun Gate), where we will get our first stunning view of the enigmatic Machu Picchu. From the Inti Punku we descend approximately 30 minutes towards the citadel and we will rest in a very good place to take incredible photos. We will take bus down to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night hotel.
DAY 4: Private Machu Picchu Tour. Return to Cusco.
This is the day you’ve been waiting for! We take the first bus at 5:30am to Machu Picchu archeological site, making sure we tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. The lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu, what an unforgettable experience! Your guide will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important areas. Then on your own, you can wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center of esoteric wisdom, as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Alternatively, you can stay still and find the peace within as you sit in the pure delight of the moment.
You may wish to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own (not included in the price):
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain– appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from above. These extra hikes sell out and must be requested at time of booking.
- Pre-departure briefing in our office or your hotel. Time to be determined by the Company.
- Private Accomodation: 2 nights camping on the Lares trek and 1 night of accommodation in three-star hotels. The hotel you book will be listed on your invoice. Upgrading hotels are always possible as well.
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, Portable toilet tent, tables, chairs, and cooking equipment (all carried by the horses).
- Inflatable matress: Thermarest air matts that are 3 inches thick and add a lot of confort to sleep and rest.
- Pillow, rain ponchos and duffel bag.
- Transportation: You will be provided with all transportation for this trek. You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 5 am, and brought to the trail head. The train back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy will be on the Expedition Class Train and will be included in your trip (Day 4). You also have the option to upgrade to the Vistadome train for $75 per person.
- Professional Guides: English speaking, professionally educated guides. All of our guides studied English and tourism at Cusco National University. They all grew up in the Cusco region, and are committed to teaching others about their heritage.
- Trekking Chef: A chef specialized in cooking on the trail, with an assistant, will prepare all of your delicious meals along the journey to replenish your energy.
- Cargo Mules: On days 1, 2 and 3, cargo mules will carry the all camping equipment and your allowance of personal baggage (7 kgs/15.4 lbs). On days 3 and 4, your luggage will be carried by car or train to your destination.
- 1 Saddle-horse or emergency horse: This service will only be available the first 2 days of the trek, as those are the most challenging ones.
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners (Vegetarian, vegan, or special menus are available at no extra cost), 4 Snacks, 3 happy hours. All these meals are prepared by our Chef.
- Water: We will provide you water to go for your morning hike every day and another bottle during lunch. We suggest to bring your camel bag and extra energy drinks for this trek, because being well hydrated is the key to feeling great in the mountains.
- Products for hygiene: You will be provided with a small towel, soap and hand sanitizer before each meal to clean your hands.
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Archeological Site and Lares trail.
- Short inca trail fees
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- First-aid kit: Our guides has received training in first aid from Physicians and Doctors. Our guides will bring emergency oxygen bottle as well.
- Satellite Phones: Our top priority will always be the safety of our clients and our team.
- Sleeping Bags:You can rent one from our company if you do not have your own. Our sleeping bags are effective and durable to protect from temperatures as low as -18ºC (0ºF). They are mummy form and include a sleeping liner. The bags are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips. ($20).
- Walking Sticks:You can rent a set from our company if you would like ($15 pair).
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Ollantaytambo entrance fee. (Just for big archeological site). For small one is free.
- Tips for our staff:Tipping is of course 100% voluntary and should only be done if you feel like your guide, porters, horse men and Chef have done an amazing job for you.
- Additional costsor delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, altitude sickness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.).
- Wayna Picchu: $75 USD and Machu Picchu Mountain $75 USD – This needs to be booked in advance, if you would like to add an extra hike. These hikes sell out. Please let us know at the time of booking.
This Lares trek is available almost all year, this tour will be closed only in February, because it heavy rainy season and there are some landslides during this month. On the other hand, Peru usually perform annual festivities, special events, special occasions and activities such as: The feast of the Sun, Easter Sunday procession, Folkloric Parade, Carnival, Christmas Day, Bullfighting, and so on, but even happen unforeseen events such as: Solar and Lunar eclipse that would be a surprise experience for you, this is why Discover Satori has guaranteed your departure dates, if you are decided to book now, we only need your confirmation.
CLICK here to check your availability for Annual Festivities, Events & Machu Picchu.
For this trek you will need one hold-all or duffel bag, which we will provide. This bag will hold the contents of your packing list and be carried by the horses/crew. You will also need a small daypack that you will pack lightly with essentials for the trek. A light backpack is key to feeling great.
- Passport (very important)
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: Water reservoir like Camelbacks or bottles are good for this trek.
- Water for the beginning of your hike. We will resupply you at lunch.
- Comfortable hiking boots (lightweight with good soles) and sandals. (very important)
- 4 Wicking/Hiking T-Shirts & 2 hiking pants
- Nice shirts and pants for Choquequirao day – remember you will always treasure these photos, wear something you love
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho, warm jacket, down jacket, fleece or sweater, scarf, wool hat, sunglasses, gloves and 4 set of socks.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs in Lares ( It is optional )
- Sun protection cream and sun hat (very important)
- Insect Repellent
- Personal first aid kit
- IPhone/IPod for music
- Flashlight or head lamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips.
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
Price and Payment
We require a deposit of 50% of the total price per person, in order to book and secure any trek or city tour with Discover Satori. The deposit can be made by PayPal, which will incur a 5.5% merchant fee paid by the traveler, or by wire to Bank of America or Citibank (for free if you are a fellow account holder).
Please notify us if paying by wire transferor Paypal the address to send your deposit to is email@example.com. All deposits are fully non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as outlined below under our cancellation policy. If canceling, you may not transfer your deposit to another person’s trek.
Bank Account Number: XXXXXXX (US DOLLARS)
Paying Bank: Bank of America, TX
Account Holder: Discover Satori
Swift Code: XXXXX
NOTE. Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable Deposit
WAYS TO PAY
1) Credit card Visa, American Express. Diners Club, Mastercard payments will incur an additional credit card merchant service charge of 8%
2) Paypal payments will incur an additional merchant service charge of 5.5%.
3) Western union payments will need to be addressed as follows:
Full name: FREDY CUSI HUAMAN
Address: APV. Jardines Del Inca C-10, Cusco – Perú
Please don’t forget to send us the tracking code (MTCN) in order to pick up the deposit and confirm your booking.
|GROUP PRICE (2020) FROM USD $631 PER PERSON|
|Private Tours are based on Group Size (2020)|
|Number of Trekkers||Price per Person|
|7 or more||USD $631|
Permit permitting, we are excited for this opportunity of a lifetime to guide you through the Huarocondo trek and into Machu Picchu.
Please read carefully the following information as it will help answer all of your questions about our services and the Lares trek to Machu Picchu below:
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
You will be welcomed at the Cusco airport by one of our representatives and taken to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding an orange board Discover Satori at the arrival terminal. You must exit the terminal, in order to find our representative (they cannot enter inside).
Your briefing will take place the night before your trek. It will be held at our office at 6 or 6:30pm, depending on your confirmation email details. Our office is located are located at Jardines Del Inca C-10, Cusco
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During Lares trek to Machu Picchu, your main luggage(s) can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are free. Please pack things you will only need during your Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu.
HOW TO BOOK LARES TREK TO MACHUPICCHU
First to book your Lares trek to Machu Picchu, you need to fill out our booking form by clicking on our homepage.
Please be ready with the following information (from each participant in your group). We cannot purchase any Lares trek permits or entrance tickets without the following information:
Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
2. Passport number
3. D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
***We require copies of everyones’ passport as they are required when purchasing permits.
SECOND, we require a deposit of $220.00 USD at least per person.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It would be greatly appreciated if you can pay in cash at our office (we accept US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. There are many ATM machines in the center of Cusco to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay an 8% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
o All students from 11 to 17 years old, the discount is $30 USD.
o For children from the age of 2 to 11, the discount is $40 USD.
o For children from the age of 0 to 2, they are free.
o All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
o Send us a copy at: email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately the answer is No. Once the Lares trek to Machu Picchu permits have been bought the Peruvian government does not allow any changes so we can’t change any dates after the permits have been bought. Machu Pichu permits are not transferable nor refundable. If you cancel your Lares trek to Machu Picchu, the deposit is not refundable at all.
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE SALKANTAY TREK?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport and it is very important that it is the same passport you sent us to book your Lares trek to Machu Picchu, the trek and other reservations Passports will be checked when you enter Machu Picchu, stay in your hotel and board the train. In case, you are renewing your passport, go ahead and send us a copy of your old passport to secure your permits and we can change it when you get your new passport. Please send a copy of your new Passport or updated Passport as soon as possible.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend to always dress in layers as it is easier to adjust to the different climates. Remmenber we have only two oficial seasons in Cusco, that is rainy season for 6 months (from November to April) and dry season (from May to October) for another 6 months.
J F M A M J J A S O N D
Av. Max Temp ºC 20 21 21 22 21 21 21 21 22 22 23 22
Av. Max Temp ºF 68 70 70 72 70 70 70 70 72 72 73 72
Av. Min Temp ºC 5 7 6 3 -5 -4 -1 1 4 6 6 7
Av. Min Temp ºF 45 45 45 40 25 28 30 34 40 43 43 45
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE THERE PER GROUP?
The maximum group size is of 10 persons. Our groups are between 2-6 persons. Discover Satori is specialized in SMALL and PRIVATE groups and provide a personalized service.
ARE WE GOING TO BE PICKED UP AND DROPPED OFF AT MY ACCOMODATION AFTER THE TREK?
Absolutely!! Hotel pick ups and drop offs are included with all of our packages! If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley, we will drop you off there and vice versa.
WHAT TIME IS THE TRAIN´S DEPARTURE?
It will depend on the train availability but the idea is to give you as much time as possible in Machu Picchu and enjoy the amazing views on the way back to Cusco while on the train. Therefore, you will take the train at 3: 30 pm or 4:22pm. With this train schedule, you will have more than 9 hours to enjoy Machu Picchu!.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNABLE TO FINISH THE LARES TREK?
In case you are unable to finish the trek due to a health issue or anothers reasons Discover Satori will assist you to the nearest town for help with transportation. We always carry oxygen on the trek for any respiratory problems In extreme cases it would be recomendable to head back to Cusco and have plan B, but you will cover your own expnses (Travel insurance required). There are no refunds in the unlikely situation that you are unable to finish the trek.
Generally, those who have to be assisted off the trail are taken to Ollantaytambo or Cusco and if they recover quickly, they then continue the journey to Aguas Calientes (again cost incurred by trekker) and visit Machu Picchu according to original plan.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appreciated. While it may not be customary, it is of great significance for the staff who will take care of you during the trek. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Discover Satori destinations. Of course, you are free to tip as much as you would like, depending on your perception of the quality and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is just your voluntary and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know and understand, respect the places and the local people.
|Duration and Trip Type:||4 days/ 3 nights. Hiking, adventure, history, culture and nature|
|Tour Location:||3.5 hours away from Cusco, Peru. 3.5 hours away from Cusco, Peru. Departure from waca Wasi village (trail head)|
|Good for||Moderate physical fitness or better|
|Distance per Day :||
Total Distance:32 km
Day 1: 7 Km – 5.5 miles) 5 to 6 hours aprox)
|Difficulty Level:||Moderate to Challenging, but rewarding hike|
|High altitude to reach:||4450 meters/ 14600 ft|
|Low altitude to descend||2050 meters / 6561 ft|
|Campsites Altitude:||Night 1: 4200 meters / 13839 ft
Night 2: 2900 meters / 10139 ft
Night 3: 2,050 meters / 6,561 ft
|Season and Weather:||
From March 1st to January 1st: Changeable weather: Cold, Windy, Rainy, mild,warm, hot and humid days.
From November to April :is dry sean and From May to October is dry season
|Group Size:||Fully customized Private Service.|
|Suppliers’ Services||Horses, Peru Rail train or Inka rail train, Bus transport, Accommodation.|
|Activities:||Journey by Private car around 3.5 hours to trail head, Hiking for 3 days, thermal bath in hot spring, explore short Inca Trail and see llamas and alpacas.|